Thursday 7 November 2013

2nd game vs Orcs

Anthony getting ready for my kick-off
After last week's draw against outnumbered Skaven, I really wasn't that confident knowing I was facing Anthony's Orcs.  They're so much lumpier and I was expecting to be totally out-muscled.

I was pretty lucky though as my first blitz of the game knocked out a black orc and they struggled to keep their shape after that.  Some sneaky manoeuvring allowed me to maximize my blocking and I managed to keep a lot of his players on the floor - and in the process I took out one lineorc and killed another.  After the first half, I'd managed to get the ball off his orcs and was threatening to score but the first half finished 0-0.

In the second half, I carried on with trying to focus on keeping his players tied up in tackle zones while I moved the ball forward.  Anthony wasn't having a lot of luck, rolling 1's when going for it and double-skulls a number of times - and that really helped me break out from the scrum and get a bull centaur clear with the ball.  I risked stalling for a few turns to help me manage the clock and scored in my turn seven.  I'd injured his thrower so Anthony was down to eight players - but he did his best to get a blitzer into position in my half ready for his last turn.  I surrounded him with every player I could which did the trick - Anthony managed to pick up the ball and throw it accurately to him but he couldn't catch it.  So - the first win for the Chaos Dwarfs and against a tough team too.  This is a crazy game!

Score - 1-0 win.


My team : 2 x bull centaurs, 6 x chaos dwarfs, 3 x hobgoblins, 2 x rerolls, apothecary
Anthony's team : 4 x blitzers, 4 x black orcs, 1 x thrower, 2 x linemen, 3 x rerolls

No comments:

Post a Comment