Thursday 14 November 2013

3rd game vs Skaven


That could have gone better...

First up, I forgot to take a pre kick-off shot so the pic above is from a game that Rodders and I played last season.  I won the kick-off and elected to receive - so Nobbla Blackwart was on the field although I kept him hidden behind a bull centaur in case of a blitz.  A few fairly ineffective blocks later, one of his linemen was prone so he fired up his chainsaw and, stunned him.  Great.  My hobgoblin then failed to pickup the ball which, as I thought it was in a safe place, elected to let it fumble, forgetting that Rodders had a big hand gutter runner...  Before I knew what had happened, his rat ogre had blitzed the chaos dwarf defender and his gutter runners swarmed me.  The rest of the half descended into me frantically backtracking my players in an effort to contain the skaven.  Nobbla was supremely ineffective - the best he did was to knock out the rat ogre and a gutter runner.  Fouling with him was useless - he rolled a kick-back when trying to hurt a prone gutter runner and stunned himself.  The half ended still at 0-0.

Rodders was receiving in the 2nd half but he only had six players to bring to the field - and when I rolled a "throw a rock" result at the kick-off, his rat ogre got stunned.  Even so, Rodders gave a supreme display of tactics and he'd scored within three turns!  Disaster!  By this time, one of my hobgoblins had been killed by the rat ogre and I was down to 10 players - Rodders with eight after some of his knocked out rats regained their senses.  I had to set about simply bludgeoning his players and trying to leave as few gaps as possible - but Rodders still was nipping his gutter runners around and causing me headaches.  I had to aim for a draw and try to contain them as best I could which, thankfully, I did.  Rodders' luck started failing and a gutter runner got a -1ST injury after failing a dodge - Rodders used his apothecary on him and it that rolled a dead result.  A hobgoblin scored on the last turn to equalise.

A 1-1 draw but a definite moral victory for Rodders I think.  My only solace is that I've played both skaven teams in the league now so at least they are out of the way!  After three games, I've not lost either so there's something...

Dwarves next.  Oh dear.

Score - 1-1 draw.

My team : 2 x bull centaurs, 6 x chaos dwarfs, 3 x hobgoblins, 2 x rerolls, apothecary
Rodders's team : 2 x blitzers, 4 x gutter runners, 1 x thrower, 3 x linemen, 1 x rat ogre, 2 x rerolls, apothecary

No comments:

Post a Comment