Wednesday 13 November 2013

Star player - Nobbla Blackwart


I have my third league game tonight, this time against Rodders and his Skaven.  Rodders gave me a couple of warm-up games before the season started and in those I managed to get wins but it's a totally different matter when it's a game that counts!  This will be his second game of the league - but in his first game against Wood Elves, he had an outrageously great game.  He won 6-0 and caused 7-0 casualties!  Because of this, he's got three gutter runners with skills, one being Big Hand and even his rat ogre skilled up!  His team is going to be a tough challenge for sure!

Rodders team is so much better than mine that I'm going to get 130k of inducements - which, by happy happen-chance, is exactly the same amount of cash needed to hire Nobbla Blackwart, goblin star player and all-round chainsaw looney.  Chainsaws vs AV7 = a good time.  All I needed to do was find my model of him and get painting!

I got home from work last night around 19:00 and immediate dived into my lead pile.  I found the model and a spare 25mm base, had a quick bit of dinner and then got cracking on him.  I thought about trying a quick painting technique where you undercoat the model white, wash it with a black wash, let it dry and then drybrush white over the top again, then colour the different parts of the model with colour washes.  That works great for quick and easy shading but I didn't have time for the washes to dry.  So - it was back to just painting it although with only a basecoat and a main colour.  He didn't take as long as I had feared though - even with spray undercoating, basecoating and painting the main colours, he was done in under three hours.  I even had time to finish his base and give him a coat of matt varnish!

Looking at it now, I think I missed painting a knuckle-duster but I'll catch that at the weekend.  He's more than ready for action in tonight's game.  Whether he survives for longer that Rodders turn one is something else entirely!

No comments:

Post a Comment