Thursday 31 October 2013

1st game vs Skaven

Paul enjoying a pre-game slice of melon...
Woo!  It's Blood Bowl time baby yeah!

As you can tell, I've been looking forward to the start of the league - and the first game was scheduled against my old mate Paul who was playing Skaven.

The key thing for me in this game was the weather - it was raining.  I won the kick-off and Paul was expecting the punishment to start - but my team just didn't seem up to it.  They knocked players over but just couldn't do enough to hurt them.  I did manage to thin out their numbers though.  That being said, I made the mistake of stalling before scoring which was, in hindsight, a terrible idea.  Paul got one of his gutter runners to do some amazing dodges and hit the ball carrier - and even though I got to choose the result, they both meant my player would be down.  Top work from Paul indeed!

In the second half, I was kicking but it was still raining.  Paul only had six players against my eleven so I thought I might be okay - but Paul played really well and my players kept fumbling the pick up.

In the end, the game finished a nil-nil draw and with two casualties each.  A moral victory for Paul I think but at least I didn't lose!

Score - 0-0 draw.


My team : 2 x bull centaurs, 6 x chaos dwarfs, 3 x hobgoblins, 2 x rerolls, apothecary
Paul's team : 1 x rat ogre, 2 x blitzers, 3 x gutter runners, 5 x linemen, 3 x rerolls

No comments:

Post a Comment