Thursday 19 September 2013

Warm up game vs Dark Elves

Another warm up game on the FUMBBL client, this time against Barry, one of my fellow club committee members.  Barry has played a lot of FUMBBL games in the past (well over 150 in fact) but it had been a couple of years since he played last, one of which was against me.  Barry is trying out a Dark Elf team so it was a good test of how my rookie team would fare against an AG4 team.

I received the kick but Barry's agile elves soon made short work of my poor defensive positioning - my dice rolls were abysmal too and I'd burned both my rerolls before turn three.  Barry scored on his turn three and I knew I had my work cut out from there!  My dwarves went to work and hurt some of his linemen which helped give me a chance to equalise at the end of the first half.

I was kicking to Barry but he had only eight players vs my ten - so I was hopeful that I could turn him over.  Alas - it was not to be.  Despite my best efforts, Barry punched though my lines and scored again - his elves seemingly incapable of rolling anything other than sixes.  I had time to equalise but one of Barry's blitzers managed to take out the hobgoblin ball carrier and it all went wrong from there on.  The game ended 2-1 to him - a well deserved win for him.

So - I'm not quite sure where this leaves me with the team.  I think they're sound enough - it's just my coaching that is letting the side down.  Oh dear.  More practice, I think... One cool thing about the FUMBBL game is that a bull centaur got a skill and rolled +1 AG!  If that happens in the live league I won't complain...


Score - 2-1 loss

My team : 2 x bull centaurs, 6 x chaos dwarfs, 3 x hobgoblins, 2 x rerolls, apothecary
Barry's team : 3 x blitzers, 1 x witch elf, 7 x linemen, 2 x rerolls

No comments:

Post a Comment