Tuesday 28 January 2014

9th Game vs Dwarfs

Thundercats are go

Game 9 saw me facing against the Araak-Frizko 69ers coached by my mate Erik.  Erik is a canny coach who's won the CBBBL previous using high elves but has doomed himself for a number of years thanks to his preference of playing ogres.  This season though, he's using dwarfs.

Dwarfs vs chaos dwarfs was never destined to be a high scoring match - and tonight's game proved to be just that.  It was a big punch up basically.  Tactical for sure but a big scrum.  Erik suffered a dead blocker and I suffered a bull centaur that would miss his next game.  We each scored a touchdown too - and I just about managed to stop him scoring again which meant we finished with a hard-fought draw.

With four wins, four draws and a loss, it isn't looking likely that I'll be making the playoffs this year.  The only way I could do it is if I manage a huge amount of touchdowns and casualties against my final opponent.  So - with one of my centaur missing the final game, I had to make a tough decision to fire him and use what was left of my winnings to buy a replacement rookie centaur.  I was left with 40K so I bought another hobgoblin to use up the last of my winnings.

One more game of the season left.  I don't think I'll make the play offs but I will still aim for a win!

Score - 1-1 draw

My team : 2 x bull centaurs, 6 x chaos dwarfs, 3 x hobgoblins, 1 x minotaur, 3 x rerolls, apothecary

Erik's team : 2 x blitzers, 2 x runners, 2 x troll slayers, 6 x linemen, Boomer Eziasson, 3 x reroll, apothecary

No comments:

Post a Comment