Thursday 9 January 2014

7th Game vs Orcs

H-Bomb
It's been over three weeks since my last game of Blood Bowl and I was starting to get withdrawal symptoms!  Tonight's game was against Harvey and his Orc team, Dulla's Cowboys.  He had a fairly standard setup with a scattering of skills so his team would easily out muscle mine - I was hoping to just survive the game without too many injuries!

The orcs received in the first half after a riot and there was a blizzard to add extra worry.  I didn't really want to get embroiled in a punchup with the orcs but that's how it happened - to try to stop the orcs caging up I had to send in my blockers to soak up the punishment while my minotaur did his best to move players around.  It was a pretty lumpy affair and both teams didn't move to much from the middle of the field.  Nothing of note happened during this half - players got knocked down and they got back up again and that was pretty much it...
In the second half the weather cleared up and changed into perfect Blood Bowl weather.  Despite the improved conditions, I couldn't get the back past Harvey's defensive line for much of the half,  By the time I did get past, he managed to dodge out a black orc and blitz the hobgoblin ball carrier which allowed an orc blitzer to try throwing the ball to the other side of the field.  I got some bodies around it to stop the orcs having a chance of scoring but I just couldn't get anyone to be able to pick it up and still be in range of scoring.

The game ended a 0-0 draw but no-one on either team was injured so that was something.  One of my dwarf blockers got MVP which gave him his first skill - and I rolled a double so he now has a claw!  There's three more games of the season left - hopefully I can get some more touchdowns in those!

Score - 0-0 draw

My team : 2 x bull centaurs, 6 x chaos dwarfs, 2 x hobgoblins, 1 x minotaur, 2 x rerolls, apothecary

Harvey's team : 4 x blitzers, 4 x black orcs, 1 x  thrower, 1 x linemen, 1 x troll, 3 x reroll, apothecary

No comments:

Post a Comment