Wednesday 12 March 2014

CBBBL VI - The Final

A toast before the game from Paul.
So - here we are.  Just over six months ago, I decided to dig out the chaos dwarfs from deep storage and I was now in the final of the CBBBL!

I'd beaten a skaven team in the semi-final - and I was hopeful I could do the same in the final.  The game started off badly with a weather result of pouring rain - all pick up, intercept and catch rolls would be at -1.  The worst result for an AG3 and AG2 team.  Paul won the toss and opted to receive.  I fully expected him to score in a couple of turns but it seemed his team was having problems picking up and catching the ball too.  I punched his players and they fell over but I couldn't hurt them - and despite his best efforts, the half ended 0-0.

With me receiving the kick in the second half, I really did think I might do well - I thought I'd be able to cage up, move slowly down the field and score giving him no chance - but there were too many skaven on the field and I couldn't control them.  Eventually, one of my hobgoblins failed to pick up the ball and a gutter dodged in to grab it and then scored.  It was turn 7 at this point and my only hope was that the kick off would be a riot - but it wasn't to be.

It was disappointing to lose but with the weather being what it was and my team just not injuring the skaven, it was no surprise.  Still - looking back, I started using the chaos dwarfs all those months ago as I'd rarely used them and I wanted to learn how to play them.  I think I've been successful on that front as I managed to get them into the final.  It's the first time I've done that so I'll have to doff my pointy hat to them.

This will be my final entry on this blog as the season is over and they'll get packed away with all the other teams.  I will dig them out again one day though - I will use them in a tournament at some point as I'd like to use all of the twenty-four NAF approved teams in NAF tournaments.  It will be the turn of a different Blood Bowl team to take part in CBBBL VII next year though so I'll sign off by just wishing you all of Hashut's blessings and may Nuffle bless your dice!

No comments:

Post a Comment